So What Will You Find Here ??

THIS WEBSITE CONTAINS MANY PHOTO'S, VIDEO'S AND WRITE-UPS ON A RANGE OF SUBJECTS. DON'T MISS OUT BY NOT EXPLORING FURTHER. IF YOU WANT TO SEE A PARTICULAR SUBJECT OR PERSON, GO TO THE SEARCH ENTRY ON THE RIGHT AND TYPE IN YOUR SEARCH NAMES/TITLES. THE PAGES WILL COME UP ON THIS (LEFT) SIDE BELOW. Scroll down them to view.
Who's this BLOG about? What a good question.

After many years in the Royal Air Force and a posting to RAF Coltishall Wally also created the Solarscope mobile disco's with gigs as far as Manchester. He was resident DJ at Scamps Nightclub in Norwich during the 70's and had a show on Hospital Radio Norwich.
Wally joined BBC Radio Norfolk when it began broadcasting on September 11th 1980 and has been there ever since.
He's Patron of the East Coast Truckers Childrens Charity and President of the Potter Heigham Country Fayre Fundraisers.
He rides a 1966 Lambretta 125 Special and spends a lot of time cruising on the Norfolk Broads.
He's an Ambassador for the Wherry Albion of the Norfolk Wherry Trust, a Friend of Hardley Windpump and a volunteer litter picker for his home community and a videographer for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Apart from serving in the Royal Air Force he's also a founder member of the East Norfolk Militia from which he's now retired and served four years as a Governor of Thorpe St.Andrew High School.
This Blog will keep you up to date on all these activities or you can go to his sister Blog to concentrate on the Norfolk Broads. All views and opinions that may be expressed are those of the author and not of the BBC.

Thank You For Your Visit

SmileyCentral.com TO SEND ME AN E-MAIL NOW CLICK ON THIS ADDRESS wally.webb@bbc.co.uk OR - send a message to Wally Webb on Facebook HERE'S THE LATEST NEWS FOR WALLY'S BLOG.

ALL ANSWERS from Eastern Counties Early Breakfast Show NOW POSTED DAILY ON FACEBOOK. Become a Friend?

FOR MORE INFORMATON ABOUT THIS BLOG PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Radio Car Travelogue 19 - 23 Jan

Monday my first job was in the office! We're talking about getting out of debt with the current climate and I'm at a PC with Ann Jackson, Norfolk County Council Trading Standards looking at the new web site set up to help find advice.
www.norfolk.gov.uk/debtandmoneyadvice
Then I take the radio car to Wensum Valley Hotel to meet owner Basil Todd. The idea was to catch the otters there but the weather's so bad I can't even get the radio car near the river bank. Nor did I get a pic of the puddles!
Tuesday morning in a biting cold wind, I'm up in North Norfolk with my wellies on. Jamie Oliver's current campaign means we're talking happy pigs. Look at the space these have to snuffle around. Mind you, I object to having my trousers eaten whilst I'm still wearing them!


0350 Wednesday - catastrophe! I'm cleaning my glasses just before going on-air when they snap!! Quickly, I get the emergency pair out of my case only to find that my eyesight has changed since then and although I struggle through the Show it's very hard to focus on small print like the screen with my text messages.
After work I went to a well known opticians store and I've ordered two pairs of specs with indestructible frames - only thing is - they'll be here in 10 days time because they're varifocal. What can I do - here's the answer. A short length of wire coathanger and some gaffer tape! Doesn't look good but let's me see what's happening OK. This is the start of a new fashion I'm sure. No - it's not Alistair Darling or Groucho Marks!

Wednesday morning at Reepham High School meeting PE Teacher Tim Gibbs (centre) Tom Knight (rugby player left) and Jed Steer (footballer right). These two are playing their sport for England alongside another Norfolk student from King's Lynn.



Thursday morning I'd effected the tape repair to the glasses and was tasked to go to Bryan Gunns house for breakfast and to see how the family felt about him becoming manager of Norwich City FC. I didn't take any pics especially as Bryan answered the door in his pyjama's! Give them some privacy.

After that on Thursday I had to take the Radio Car in for a service so we'd be without it on Friday morning. So again, no pics as I wandered around the city getting vox-pops for our features on buying music.

However, come Saturday morning I decided to make a less conspicuous repair on the glasses. Good old araldaite. I cut another length of coat hanger and glued it across the bridge which I also gave a spot of araldite to. The result, a strong bond and now I can wear them without looking like Groucho or Alistair!

No comments: