Bargain Of The Decade

I'm a self-confessed DIY nut but not so much that I have to have a project on the go. Since moving house six years ago and going through each room, new kitchen, new bathroom, built-in wardrobes, etc. etc I partitioned the garage in two with a stud wall and door so that Lamby shared one half with a chest freezer (that reminds me - must buy some more chests!) and the other half is my store and workshop.
I remember when buying a new piece of DIY kit cost a fortune, especially if it had a motor. Now, the market's flooded with cheap imports. Some good some bad and some downright dangerous!
However, I must share this one with you. Aldi stores often put flyer brochures in our local Advertiser and about ten days ago I couldn't believe what I read. The offers didn't start until today (31st Jan) so I carefully filed it to remind me. This morning I went along and expected them to have a couple in stock. There's a whole palletful of the item pictured. This 500w vertical drill has a large chuck, safety shield and detachable vice. As I unwrapped each carton to reveal the parts I was really impressed by the quality. As I assembled it I was also impressed by the precision. When I used it I marvelled at it's smoothness of operation.
Previously, I had needed to make a safety rail around my daughters fireplace to safeguard it from the ravages of my grandson. I bought a cheap manual vertical stand for £20 which just about did the job shakily before collapsing in bits. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? The one I bought as illustrated cost me - you won't believe it - just £34.99 !!! It's great to have a piece of kit that will firly hold your work whilst you precisely and accurately drill your hole. I've no project on the go at the moment but I know it'll be worth every penny when I need it. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: