Listener Tenpin Steve has useful links!

One of my regular early morning contributors is Tenpin Steve - so named because he's a bowling fanatic.
Here's the link he gave me if you're into Tenpin Bowling.


I did promise on the Show to post a picture of the Webb Perpetual - a gold pin that's been in the family for years. When (and the ocassions are rare) we go tenpin bowling as a group, it's good to set the competitive spirit by having a trophy to play for. I was given the pin many years back for a high score in a tournament and after a couple of years it discoloured and I couldn't restore it to its pearly white condition. So, a friend made up the polished wood plinth and I coated it several times with a gold leaf paint and then a couple more coats of clear varnish. We never did get the brass plate made for it which is just as well because we'd then have to engrave it or suchlike!

Whenever we bowl it always makes for added conversations with onlookers who want to know what the match is all about! There you go Steve.
Added to that, we were also talking about the new LEZ (London Emission Zone) with much discussion about who has to pay what. It's complicated so the best idea is for you to check it out for yourself here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

No comments: