You Never Know Who's Behind You.

Driving out to report from Snetterton I was travelling along the A11 doing the mx - 70mph. An older type car shot past me and I just thought "what an idiot." What I didn't know though came home to me when I was approaching the turnoff. That same car had stopped with another vehicle on the hard shoulder. As I came past I realised that it was a policeman from the old car that was in the process of booking the driver of the other vehicle. The giveaway was the flashing blue lights hidden behind the radiator grill. I was going to say that I'd be more careful in the future but as I always stick to the speed limits I suppose I have nothing to worry about but, just remember that the car behind you might be older and not so well polished but it could also be the police!

1 comment:

cecneale said...

Hi Wally,
Your story about the Q-car reminded me of the days when the only speed limit was 30mph in built-up areas.
One day I was ambling along the M50at a steady ton when a white Wolseley came by at about 140mph. It was one of the Gloucestershire Police motorway cars - straight six, triple carbs, high lift cams, six branch exhaust - in fact the lot!
Cheers, Cec.