Radio Norfolk Archive Photo No.8


During the 80's Radio Norfolk got involved in all sorts of adventures. Holidays abroad with up to 44 listeners, a hot air balloon with our logo and countless madcap public events. I took up banger racing against the emergency services. For three years Hainford Spares put a vehicle together for me to race at Great Yarmouth Stadium. I think this one was the first. In my second year I was placed last on the grid in a field of 42 cars and don't mind admitting that I'm proud to say that I came FIRST! This old Ford however didn't do so well and like almost all other bangers it was turned into one of those cubes of metal that you see on the back of scrap merchants trucks. Of course I got out of it first!

2 comments:

cecneale said...

Hi Wally
Good old Mk 1 Escort!
Do I remember seeing a radio car with "WALLY WEBB" down the side in big letters, some years ago?
Cec

Wally Webb said...

You did spot a car with my name on the side. It will have been a Fiat as in the 80's we were allowed to do such things !