Potter Heigham Country Fayre Sun 16th August

A great privilege to be asked to open this event yet again and I've always promised to come on Lamby if the weather was fair. However, in previous years there's always been the threat of a shower so she stayed at home. This year - as you can see - a glorious day and I opened the Fayre sitting on the old girl. The crowds really turned out and I was told that all the surrounding roads were parked up too. Pic 3 shows the dog racing course but as they were so fast it was hard to snap the rade in full flight. Some people made a packet on the Tote. The auction did well too and thanks to local MP Norman Lamb who attended the event, his donation of a tour of the Houses of Parliament and tea on the terrace with him, we added a further £120. As the day wound down Sheri tried to run off with a donkey but the donkey had other ideas. I told her, next time try running off with a milkman!

No comments: