Radio Car Travelogue 17 - 19 February 2010


Short week this week. Wednesdy at the industrial park at Roudham where Dr. Harley Farmer is CEO of Newgenn producing cleaning products and in particular the antiviral stuff we use in hospitals. It's a remarkable success story and Harley (from Australia) is probably surprised by the growth in this market although it's not surprising is it given the warnings we get almost on a daily basis!
Thursday and it's nostalgia time as I enter the Memorial Dereham for the first time in 25 years. I was nowt but a lad when I compered the Battle Of The Bands finals here in 1984. Don't mention the trousers! Centre pic left the architect Jeremy Stacey with Deputy clerk to the Town Council Gillian Barron. Two million pounds will be spent on giving the Hall a complete makeover and the plans look really exciting. It'll be 2012 though before these doors open again and we'll be there I hope!
Yes, I get all the cream jobs! Friday already of this short week and the Muckathon! 2000 tonnes of farm manure to be spread on the land. Students from Easton College take on the challenge at Bridgham near Thetford. The money raised from this marathon will go to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, St.Nicholas Hospice and the College Charity Fund. Keep on spreading !!

No comments: