A Few Days Away - Huh!

The electricians managed to put the new helm in and working just in time to take a break. However, I was Navigator for Treasure Quest Sunday and the Dragon Boat racing was at Whitlingham so, Saturday we cruised to the Park and moored overnight. I went off in the morning to drive the radio car and when I got back the racing was underway. Sunday evening we set off for destination unknown. Hoever, the cold got a grip and we soon stopped because I was so unwell and over the next few days we stayed local. Even so there were happenings. This horse had fallen into a muddy dyke and the fire & rescue service took hours to finally coax it out with the use of lifting gear and manpower (and women). It survived the ordeal. Sheri on the other hand (pun intended) broke her finger so it was off to hospital on our return. My cold is still debilitating but hey-ho - we survived !!

No comments: