Radio Car Travelogue 9 - 13 April 2012



Bank Holiday Monday and Norfolks hidden gems. I was asked where that might be. From Wroxham Bridge, take the Bure upriver towards Coltishall. There's a single mooring at Belaugh and a great ghost story about the church on the hill. Meanwhile, down the road at Wroxham Barns they're ready for the holiday crowds despite a grey drizzly day. The raptors are on display. Here's Director Ian Russell with the bird handlers.


More problems at Meadow Close in Cromer. The sheltered housing residents have had problems with the lift not working. Now they've endured six days without heating. Victory Housing Trust supplied fan heaters but it's no substitute for a hot water supply. Things should be back to normal now. Spokesperson was Eddie Woods.


I've returned to Garboldisham where 16 months ago this cottage was destroyed by fire. In a "Thatched Roof" special we heard about the devastation and how there can be some benefits of rebuilding a Grade II listed building. I've been back to the archives to show the before and after!

No comments: