It's NOT funny when a parrot plucks itself but I've seen it happen so often when they're kept in a cage. I believe it's quite common for them to pull out some of their feathers and I had heard that it was all due to stress. No matter - yesterday we visited a dear old friend who's kept parrots for years and does know what she's doing. However, the parrot in the end cage (she has a row of them along the lounge wall) had plucked away all the feathers on its chest and forelegs and just stood on it's perch looking me in the eye. I'd just taken a swig from the glass of bourbon she'd kindly served me when she announced "the family have nicknamed him Oven Ready". Poor bird nearly took the full force of a mouthful of bourbon but I was able to hold it back before choking took over.
LISTEN NOW TO The Wally Webb song dragged screaming from the archives. Click the link on the right.
1 comment:
Wally in his Airforce Days.
Flying a P-40 in the Desert Airforce.
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6405/wallywebbmbweb400x400qx8.jpg
Post a Comment